Joined on: December 11th, 2011
Bill Lindeke has been blogging about sidewalks and cities since 2005, ever since he read Jane Jacobs. He's a PhD candidate in geography at the University of Minnesota, working on his dissertation about bicycling, cities, and affect. He was born in Minneapolis, but has spent most of his time in St Paul and serves there on the Saint Paul Planning Commission and Transportation Committee. He loves jazz, philosophy, and good news radio. Follow him on Twitter @BillLindeke or on Facebook.
Recent Posts by Bill Lindeke
- Podcast #52 - Remembering Detroit with Joe Mahon, Beth Bowman, and Peter Schilling Jr.
- Does Bettridge's Law of Headlines Apply to Streets.mn Posts?
- Then & Now: Cedar and 5th
- Podcast #51 - Minnesota's Exceptional Climate with Kenny Blumenfeld
- Saint Paul Hits the Streetcar Sweetspot
- Podcast #50 -- Minneapolis Post-Election Roundup with Eric Roper and StreetsMN Writers
- There's No Such Thing as the Bicycle Arms Race
- Podcast #49 - Andy Singer Explains Why We Drive
- New Mayor, Council show Mixed Support for Streetcar Plan
- Minneapolis and Saint Paul Need Parking Benefit Districts
Recent Comments by Bill Lindeke
- "if you ever need a last minute kid fight referee..." on 2013 Best Way to Spend A Weekend Day With Kids: Minnehaha Falls
- "i've been going through highland park a bit lately and noticed that there is a HUGE amount of apartment housing and density, especially along the corr" on 2013 Best Neighborhood Business Node in Saint Paul: Selby and Western
- "all good points. highland is too suburb-y and not as walkable IMO. I like como/carter too, but i feels a bit "small." another reason selby ave wins is" on 2013 Best Neighborhood Business Node in Saint Paul: Selby and Western
- ":) We are not alone." on Does Bettridge’s Law of Headlines Apply to Streets.mn Posts?
- "merry thanksgivikuh!" on Better Bus Stops
- ":) has anyone ever been there in december or january?" on 2013 Best Minnesota County Seat: Grand Marais
- "jeebus. that's gotta be the worst skyway in the history of the upper midwest. i'd think any one of us could go into palmers and find out exactly when " on Then & Now: Cedar and 5th
- "you're right! there it is." on Then & Now: Cedar and 5th
- "great work. i wanna play the computer game simulation version of your infographic. i hope Mpls really does "play hard to get" in going down this av" on Minneapolis should “pull out” of the County’s plans for Minnehaha
- "Don't tell anyone, but I actively encourage militant jaywalking." on Begging for Simplicity